REGISTER LIKE NEW STUDENT
Consumer Software and Services
Main competitors include Rosetta Stone and Berlitz. Secondary competitors include Transparent Languages, Auralog and Topics Entertainment.
LiveMocha is a first-of-its-kind Internet-based language learning solution. By incorporating fun game-like exercises, a friendly and engaged global community, and a goal- and competition-oriented motivation framework, language learners will not only meet their language-learning goals, but will develop conversational language proficiency. They will also increase a deeper cultural understanding and make friends and business contacts from around the world in the process. Throw your CDs and books away—a modern language learning tool has finally arrived.
Phrasebase sizes the worldwide Second Language Acquisition market at $12 billion in 2007 and forecasts this market to grow to $17 billion in 2009; demand stemming from the advent of the BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China) as economic powers, the global mass migration of people, and the retiring Baby Boomers.
Globalization has been a fact of business life for some time now. The instant connectivity now available via multiple platforms makes the CEO in Australia just as accessible as the start up down the street. Throw in the looming presence of China on the horizon and increased outsourcing in India and Eastern Europe, and you have a giant global community that sometimes needs a translator. LiveMocha’s online language center is for those of us who need to expand our linguistic knowledge but don’t have the time or wherewithal to devote to a Berlitz course. By utilizing the community as instructor and offering language lessons specific to industries, LiveMocha provides a 21st century answer to an age-old problem.
Livemocha blends self-paced lessons, a vibrant community, and interactive tools to help you talk to the world.
The social way to learn a language.
Community. Livemocha is the first-of-its-kind online language-learning community.
Lessons. Fun and interactive lessons that move at the right pace for you.
Motivation. Track your progress and reach your goals with Livemocha tools.
* Enjoy fun self study lessons.
* Build reading, listening, speaking, and writing skills.
* Build confidence to use what you learn.
* Learn these languages: English, French, Hindi, German, Spanish and Mandarin Chinese with more to come.
* Practice conversing with text and audio chat tools.
* Receive one-on-one instruction from tutors and native speakers.
* Invite your friends to join the conversation and motivate each other.
* Connect anywhere and anytime!
* Connect with a community of native speakers from around the world.
* Submit speaking and writing lessons to receive tips from native speakers.
* Return the favor! Help other language learners meet their goals.
Go to the FREE IMAGES BANK again.